Explore of one of the most powerful ancient cultures of Southwest Florida. Immerse yourself in the natural environment of Estero Bay with guided kayak eco-tours. Stroll the shoreline on a beach walk or experience fun interactive programs for all ages.
Travel the Great Calusa Blueway Paddling Trail, navigating the same waters that this ancient coastal tribe once fished. Then, learn about their culture and how they used natural resources to create tools and weapons they used to sustain and defend their domain.
Discover an ancient island life beyond anything you’ve ever imagined, through hands-on experiences atop a 2,000-year-old Calusa Indian Shell Mound.
To explore Mound House for yourself, Click the Visit Moundhouse button to see what you need to know before your visit, or click Book A Tour button to book a tour.
- Go on a guided museum tour
- Take a guided beach walk
- Experience interactive educational programs
- Participate in Calusa Indian tools and weapons demonstrations
- Partake in arts and crafts demonstrations
- Enjoy historical and archaeological tours and programs
- Relax on the Observation Pier
- Take a guided kayak eco-tour
- View ancient, Calusa-made objects that have been discovered by archaeologists
- Attend special after-hours events
- Enjoy a relaxing picnic
- Fish in the Gulf of Mexico
- Rent the facility for your special event
- Watch the sunrise
- Attend environmental programs
- Explore the Gardens
- Learn about marine life on Fort Myers Beach and Estero Bay
- Explore a 2,000-year-old Calusa Shell Mound!